Candida albicans are considered one-celled and tiny organisms yet these can absolutely cause some huge troubles. This fungus occurs harmlessly and naturally in the genitals, intestines, mouth and eyes–unless an overgrowth emerges, upsetting the body’s natural balance of microorganisms.
It is valuable to note that the resultant infections which commonly comprise of diaper rash, oral thrush and vaginal yeast infections can be unpleasant and of course uncomfortable. Without doubt, candida infections can also be alarming particularly if the candida fungus already penetrates the bloodstream. This may result to invasive candidiasis which is referred to as a rare but fatal condition.
What Causes Candida?
A person can be at higher risk for candida overgrowth and this can happen when something disrupts the microorganisms’ normal balance. The use of steroids and antibiotics, certain environmental factors and emotional stress are common causes. Also, being obese can increase the susceptibility of being infected with this form of fungus.
It is important to consider that the main cause of candida appears to be a weakened immune system. In fact, experts assessed that approximately 90% of all people that are afflicted with HIV/AIDS will easily develop infections.
Are there Effective Candida Herbal Remedies?
A great number of naturopaths will discuss to you that they actually spend much time treating patients with candidiasis otherwise known as yeast overgrowth as well as the persistent psychological and physiological symptoms which certainly come along with it. For most naturopaths, there was a never a day that they didn’t have a lot of patients coming in with a single or more of the significant signs. In addition, Candida albicans is deemed as naturally appearing and this is commonly benign yeast which develops in the gastrointestinal tract. As this overly multiply in the body, though, the symptoms can truly be incapacitating:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Persistent and painful bloating or gas
- Brian fog and depression
- Skin problems such as acne and eczema
- Weight gain
- Chronic fatigue syndrome or Fibromyalgia
- Recurrent yeast infections especially in women
- Food sensitivities
Are there Natural Treatments and Cure for Candida?
Whether you are combatting full-blown candida over proliferation or you just prefer to avert future infections from emerging, herbs are certified and effective tool in order to naturally get rid of candida.
There are natural cures for candida albicans. You may check out the list of some highly effective candida herbal remedies you can consider and these are as follows:
1) Pau D`Arco
This is typically brewed into a tea. You may try drinking a cup of it once per day to efficiently impede antifungal properties. In actuality, this is a renowned anti-candida herb.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar
Although this is not really categorized as herb, it is very effective in balancing the body’s pH level. Likewise, this can prevent toxic pathogens such as candida from developing out of control. You may take one teaspoon or one tablespoon before each meal as this can help avoid food particles that are undigested from feeding candida in the gut and of course to aid in digestion.
3) Oregano Oil
Oregano oil contains phenols which are known to be extremely efficient and highly concentrated in terms of combatting candida overgrowth, fungal infections and bacterial infections. For more effective candida remedy, wild organic oregano is highly recommended.
This is a very effective antifungal and antibacterial agent. In point of fact, when garlic is present, candida cannot survive. This only conveys that consistency is the secret to combat candida. However, some people find it less odorous and more convenient to take garlic capsules at least thrice each day.
5) Olive Leaf Extract
Oleuropein which is found in olive leaf extract is utilized by the body to combat fungal infections that are mainly caused by candida overgrowth. Additionally, a standardized and highly effective olive leaf extract can exterminate candida easily.
Even though this is well-known for ending a cold in its tracks, Echinacea also provides anti-candida benefits. More than that, it supports the immune system to combat against candida and many other forms of infections.
7) Coconut Oil
This is also not categorized as herb, but, it is absolutely loaded with anti-candida properties that are just too good to resist. Furthermore, fatty acids such as lauric acid and caprylic acid are powerful antifungal agents. You may take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil each day to benefit from its anti-candida power.
This is extensively utilized in a very popular Ayurvedic medicine. Indeed it is considered as highly efficient in combatting fungal overgrowth and infections as well as in stimulating the immune system. Apart from this, neem oil can applied topically when necessary and it can also function as a potent detoxifier.
9) Black Walnut
This is a natural herb that comes with tannins. Tannins do not just destroy fungal overgrowth such as candida, but, this also wipes out parasites. This may be particularly useful to people who suffer from parasitical infection and candida overgrowth.
10) Tea tree oil
This effectively combats candida while at the same time sparing beneficial or so-called good bacteria. This contains powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties. The good thing about it is that it is certified harmless to the Lactobacillus bacteria in the body which are regarded as the beneficial bacteria. Lactobacillus bacteria plays pivotal role in sustaining healthy microbial balance.
11) Hydrastis Canadensis or Goldenseal
This may be found in the northern part of US. It contains berberine which is popular and broadly utilized in Chinese Traditional Medicine to cure many different forms of infections. This is known to have the ability to extinguish candida albicans in test tubes. This may also aid antifungal drugs like fluconazole to function even more effectively.
What other Alternative Medicine can be considered to fight Candida fungus?
A few alternative medicine practitioners regard diet as a valuable part of Candida cleanse. As revealed by some practitioners, the amount of time on Candida cleanse hinges on a person’s health and the nature of the symptoms. They universally recommend providing the diet at least 2 weeks; however, probably several months for some.
Further, when there is improvement, foods from the barred list are usually included back into the diet. Meanwhile, some guidelines and lists that an alternative medicine practitioner may recommend to her/his client include the following:
To avoid candida overgrowth, there are foods which have to be avoided for some time. Here are some of list of foods to avoid in order to prevent Candida Overgrowth:
This comprise of all types of vinegar like balsamic vinegar, white vinegar, rice vinegar, red wine vinegar plus any food that is made with ketchup, shrimp sauce, mayonnaise, mincemeat, commercial salad dressing, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pickles, green olives, BBQ sauce, chili sauce, steak sauce, horseradish, relishes, mustard, pickled vegetables.
2) Foods that Contain Gluten
Foods that are gluten-containing compose of rye, barley and wheat. These include products that are made with ingredients like pasta and bread.
Mushrooms are commonly not allowed on Candida diets.
Fruits contain natural sugars which are known to support the overgrowth of yeast. Foods that must be avoided comprise of dried fruit, canned, juice, frozen and fresh.
5) Refined Sugar
This is perceived to greatly encourage the development of Candida yeast. Foods that contain refined sugar compose of honey, white sugar, sorghum, maple syrup, brown sugar, turbinado, amasake, corn syrup, demerrara, date sugar, raw sugar, rice syrup and molasses.
Yeast-containing foods compose of Brewer’s yeast, Torula, Baker’s yeast, Engevita and any other forms of nutritional yeast. Moreover, baked goods loaded with yeast include bagels, muffins, rolls, breads, pastries, bagels and crackers are not allowed.
It is not advisable to consider anti-candida regimen too immediately. Keep in mind that ravaging candida too quickly can only produce what is termed as “die-off” reaction which comes with symptoms such as chills, headaches and foggy thinking.
Apart from this, for some people, this may be very uncomfortable. So, in case you observe these symptoms, it is highly advisable to lower on your dose and then start again but this time more slowly when symptoms already ease off.
In the event that you’re experiencing symptoms, it is quite essential to discuss this matter with your primary care provider. Bear in mind that self-treating with various forms of alternative medicine, diet, supplements and delaying or avoiding standard care may be detrimental to your health.
Pleurisy is a condition that makes breathing extremely painful. It’s an inflammation that occurs on the moist, double-layered membranes that surround your lungs and lines your ribcage, or what is medically known as the pleura.
The purpose of the double-layered pleura is to protect and provide lubrication on the surface of the lungs as it inflates and deflates during breathing. Because of the inflammation, these two layers will rub against each other like sandpaper. When normally, the moist layers that are filled with fluid in its pleural space will slide gently past each other when you breathe, sneeze, or cough.
If your doctor has confirmed that you’re suffering from pleurisy, you’re most likely prescribed with an antibiotic to fight the bacteria that is causing the inflammation along with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. However, there are some home remedies that you can try to ease the pain of pleurisy.
Here are some of the tried and tested home remedies that you can try if you’re suffering from pleurisy.
Diet changes – Watching what you eat when you have pleurisy can help to reduce the inflammation. Drink a lot of water to rehydrate. Go on a complete fast where you take nothing except water and increase the amount of water after a few days. Once your symptoms have reduced, you can continue with goat milk throughout the day, but not exceeding 4l. Do not eat food that are cold, spicy or have been fermented. Instead choose foodstuffs that are high in Vitamin C and A to help boost your immune system and reduce the inflammation.
Olive leaf extract – Olive leaves have high oleuropin content, which is something that you need in fighting infections. You can take olive leaf extracts in capsule form or powder that you can mix into your drink. There is also dry olive leaves sold as tea leaves and you can steep it as remedial drink.
Hot pack – Applying a hot pack on your chest can help to reduce the sharp pain associated with pleurisy. Apply a hot pack on affected area two to three times a day and for at least an hour for each session. Remember to breathe slowly and deeply while applying the hot pack.
Capsicums – Capsicums have anti-inflammatory content and high in anti-oxidants. Both of these compounds are vital in flushing out infection. It is also high in Vitamin C, something that you need to boost your immune system and help fight the infection in your pleura.
Eucalyptus and peppermint – These two herbs are known to treat cough, cold and nasal congestion. Eucalyptus can also be used to fight of infection. You can either sniff these oils, or you can use eucalyptus or peppermint oil in your humidifier. Not only it can relief the sharp pain in your chest, the humidifier will also help to keep the air moist, making breathing easier and more bearable.
Holy basil leaves – Taking 20gram of holy basil leaves in the morning can help to reduce the inflammation in your pleural space. Its compounds can help to reduce the inflammation and also dry out the pleura fluid.
These home remedies should not in any way be used as a substitute to the drugs that are prescribed to you by your doctor. With these home remedies, you can help to accelerate the cure and help you to relief the pain.
What are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are dilated, subcutaneous and superficial, unsightly veins, with variable size and density, depending on the evolutionary phase, generating the ugly aspect of pelvic members, i.e. The legs.
The first clues that signal the imminent appearance of varicose veins is swollen legs, tired, cold, showing tingling, numbness and tendrils.
- High heels/clothes;
- Tight shoes;
- One’s legs;
- Hot waxes;
- Contraceptive method used for a long time;
- Abuse of coffee;
- Alcohol abuse;
- Obesity and unbalanced diets;
- Lifting weights, crossing legs, obesity, pregnancy, constipation.
Varicose Veins Symptoms
- Dilated, blue, thick, prominent; veins;
- Feeling tired legs;
- Painful legs and embarrassment after a period of standing;
- Numbness, pins and needles;
- Feeling of heaviness and tension on the local muscles;
- Cramps (especially at night);
- Itching in the line of ankle, calf and thigh internal face;
- Swelling around the soft ankle, brown leather at the ankle.
Varicose Veins during Pregnancy
Varicose veins are dilated irregular, especially in the legs, due to loss of elasticity of the vein walls. Many women develop this condition worsens or discovers them during pregnancy. With the enlargement of the uterus, the veins begin to be exerted more pressure. Increasing the level of progesterone is another factor that favors the development of varicose veins, leading to relaxation of veins. Varicose veins a cause itching or pain may be unsightly, but do not produce more harm. So treatment can wait until after pregnancy. Varicose veins usually go away after 3 or 4 months after birth.
The treatment and prevention of varicose veins during pregnancy include:
- Salt water baths and feet cold showers;
- Wear comfortable shoes (preferably with orthopedic soles);
- Eat more vegetables, fruits and grains and before bed;
- You could lower your risk of such problems primarily through sport. Even a short walk around the block can help circulation;
- Make sure you keep your optimal weight in relation to your stage of pregnancy;
- Try to keep your legs elevated every time you sit down. Either put them on a chair or as you put a pillow under them when lying down, traffic will be easier. Avoid sitting cross-legged, and when you sit long in one place, take regular breaks in which to move;
- Sleep on your left side with your feet on a pillow;
Home, Herbal, Homeopathic, Ayurvedic remedies for varicose veins
If you already have varicose veins, make changes in your diet to increase your intake of nutrients that help circulation. Best food for varicose vein is high in fiber (whole grains, fruits and vegetables) is particularly useful to relieve congestion by eliminating waste and encourage contractions in the digestive tract. Eat foods that contain healthy fats: avocados, olive oil, seeds (including pumpkin seeds), sardines and nuts so rich in vitamin E. Eat liver, sardines, eggs, shellfish and pumpkin seeds for zinc.
Include in your menu fresh fruits and vegetables. Adopt a healthy diet and give up pork, animal fats, meat and preserves, pastries and processed food industry. A high intake of salt is harmful because it encourages and fluid retention, hypertension, inflammation and body. No refined carbohydrates and sugar are not recommended because favors constipation and weight. If you have varicose veins is recommended to eat blueberries, cherries and blackcurrants. Eat citrus, apples, buckwheat or white grapefruit.
Remedies for varicose veins
1) An effective natural treatment for varicose veins is the external clay. Mix it with water until obtaining a smooth clay composition like a paste. The paste obtained is applied to places with varicose veins and keep 2-3 hours.
2) A natural treatment for varicose veins that give good results consists of 2 cups of tea daily horsetail and 3 cups of nettle tea daily. In parallel, grease the varicose place with Calendula ointment.
3) Ginkgo biloba is effective as a natural treatment for varicose veins as improving the blood circulation, is a vasodilator on capillary circulation, venous and pressure, help maintain the integrity and permeability of blood vessel walls by preventing lipid deposition at this level.
4) Lecithin is also useful in the treatment of varicose veins as promoting the cardiovascular health because intervenes in lipid metabolism, maintain an adequate level of blood cholesterol, effectively dissolve cholesterol deposits on the walls of blood vessels, lowers blood viscosity, maintains the elasticity of vascular walls.
5) Wild chestnut can be found in the form of tablets in herbal shops. Take 2, 3 tablets a day if you decide to follow a natural treatment for varicose veins. You can find in the herbal shops creams or ointment with horse chestnut that you can anoint 2-3 times a day.
6) Grape seed oil is also recommended as best natural treatment of varicose veins.
7) Another natural treatment of varicose veins is with witch hazel. Gently massage with an ointment or gel based on affected area once a day.
8) Massages your varicose veins with tincture of Kalanchoe, a plant with thick leaves room which is put on the leaves. It is used for 4-5 months as apple cider vinegar for massages.
9) Cut thin slices of tomato and apply 3-4 times a day on your feet.
10) Compress with vinegar overnight alternately with another compress made from wormwood crushed.
11) During summer and autumn can be used wormwood and fern. Immediately after picking the plants, chopped them to get a uniform mass, mix it with an equal amount of buttermilk. Grease a gauze bandage over diseased sites.
12) Take a few leaves of cabbage (one need to cover the affected area), sprinkle them with clean water, place them in a plastic bag, close it better to not penetrate the air and put it in refrigerator for 24 hours, at 3 * 5 ° C. The next day, before bed, wash affected by varicose legs with cold water without soap, then dry them well. In the morning, remove the leaves and in the evening before bed, the procedure is repeated. The treatment lasts 2-4 weeks.
13) For varicose veins are recommending the daily consumption of boiled carrot leaf tea instead of water.
14) In varicose dilatation of the veins must eat a kiwi daily or grapefruit fruit on an empty stomach.
15) Twice a year, for a month, drink three times day leaf parsley tea. Over 10 sprigs of chopped parsley, pour 2 cups of boiling water, cover well and are kept in the thermos for 10-15 min., then strain and drink 100 ml.
16) Three times a week wipes your feet with ice water, from the bottom up, and then applies on the diseased sites horseradish or cabbage leaves. Water ice is prepared as follows: in plastic bottle, pour water, add lemon pieces cut or red currants and put in the freezer. After the water is freezing, in glass with ice, pour a glass of boiled water and stirred seconds. Water to be used is poured into a glass, in which soften a piece of gauze and fast-moving, wipes your feet.
17) If the evening after working hours, pains or soles of feet are unbearable, make baths with salt (a pinch of salt tablespoon on the water), after which the legs (feet, knees and generally all the painful places) should be wiped with vinegar. After drying vinegar, legs wrapped in a towel and keep high heated for one hour. The described method removes also feet cramps.
18) Prepare an ointment in a glass of crude oil and 2/3 cup of finely chopped bay leaf; let it dark for 6 days. After a warm foot bath is massaging the affected areas with this ointment.
19) Prepare a salve from a raw yolk egg mixed with the same amount of honey and vodka. Spread on a towel in, apply on sick and over, should be wrapped with cellophane and a scarf or woolen scarf. The procedure is repeated for 10 days and after a 10 day break is repeated again.
Do exercise regularly to improve circulation and relieve varicose veins. Avoid activities that expose the legs to big shocks. It is recommended to walk, bike or go swimming. Hard jogging should be avoided because it increases the pressure in the lower leg and can worsen varicose veins. Note that if you have heavy varicose veins, then hot baths, hot wraps and sauna are prohibited.
- With 30 minutes before the bedtime perform the following exercise: lying on your back against the wall, lift your feet up and support them with heels against the wall. Change the position of 5 feet in 5 min., 45 ° loosen them, you keep them together and heels and knees pulled strongly.
Wearing stockings medicinal throughout the day really helps improve the circulation and relieve the symptoms of varicose veins. It is recommended for evening to rest feet on a pillow.